First of all, Happy New Year everyone! Thanks for supporting me and reading my blog.
Hope 2015 is awesome for you!
Anyway the story:
So in high school, they introduced a strict blacklisting policy on the school internet. This made it annoying even for legitimate uses like researching for a project.
Anyway, people started getting around it by using proxy sites but eventually the school cracked down on these too.
Being the computer geek that I am, I actually hosted my own – on my own website. I had used this freely for a while but people caught on. I had told a couple people about it.. but I must’ve told too many people. Or I guess the wrong people. Which was stupid of me in hindsight.
Eventually the IT guy at school found out and I got in a bit of trouble. I think he even went to the trouble of finding out who was hosting my website and whatever. Don’t remember the details clearly but I do remember getting some kind of email about it.
Ah, those were the days. When I knew more about computers than the computer teachers themselves.
In media class, there was a computer with a faulty disc drive. The teacher told me he was waiting for it to be repaired as the called someone in or whatever. I decided to check it out for myself. I opened it up and saw the belt had come off. So I got a pacer and my small metal ruler and put it back on the gears. CD drive fixed.
TL;DR: I fixed a CD drive with a pencil and ruler in five minutes.