Category ArchiveTech Reviews
Tech Reviews simon on 17 Jun 2012
As some of you may know, I am a part of a program called Sony (X). Being part of Sony (X), from time to time I’m treated with exclusive tech sessions and opportunities to trial great new Sony products. I’m pleased to say that I have been offered the chance to do the latter once more; with the Cyber-shot HX20V camera.
As this was a team trial, I’ve set up a group blog over at Blogger, which you can view here.
Please give the site a visit, and let me know what you think.
Also, please share it around and perhaps I’ll get to even have the camera for keeps.
Tech Reviews simon on 01 Dec 2011
I received a Sony Tablet S this week to test and review. It was an opportunity to have a play with the device and use it properly at home and out and about – something that you aren’t able to do with in-store demonstrations.
After using it for a few days, I think it’s time to write my review. Here goes. You can click on the pictures for a larger view.
Tech Reviews simon on 15 Feb 2011
Thanks to Logitech Australia’s Product Tester program which I am a part of (see their Facebook for more info), I now have a chance to review one of their products. I am actually using it right now to write this post.
For Logitech review purposes, my tester number is LPT10408.
The Laptop Kits comes with a laptop riser, a wireless keyboard and wireless mouse.
So the packaging is classic Logitech, a green and white combination with the picture of the product on it:
Opening it and getting the inside box actually proved a little hard. I had to open both ends to push the inside box out.
Inside, under the instructions, it is packed neatly and the individual components are wrapped in plastic to keep it new.
There is a unifying receiver which connects both mouse and keyboard wirelessly in a compact way, which is convenient.
You can choose three levels of elevation for the Laptop as pictured:
So my thoughts:
- Nicely packed
- Keyboard is compact, it has extra function buttons but it is not a full layout.
- It would be nice to have a small riser/stand on the bottom-top of the keyboard.
- Lights are non existent on the keyboard. The only light is the small one that alerts you when you turn the keyboard on. Nothing for NumLock or Caps lock – which proves annoying.
- The mouse feels nice to hold, and has a little comparment for storing the receiver.
- I felt that the keys were a little too “sticky” to type on, but definitely usable.
- The middle scroll button on the mouse is too hard for my liking (to press).
That’s it. Hope you enjoyed the review.